Redstone Government Consulting
Redstone GCI is searching for an independent and detail-oriented small business accounting outsourcing consultant. Under the supervision of a Senior Manager, the consultant is responsible for day-to-day accounting tasks for multiple Redstone GCI clients. The successful candidate will work directly with our client’s staff and Redstone GCI staff to complete various monthly accounting tasks, specialized billing/reporting for government contractors and other accounting related projects. This role will primarily be focused on monthly bookkeeping activities but will provide the opportunity to learn other areas of our client’s business including support of proposals, preparation of incurred cost submissions, calculation of indirect rates and completion of book-to-billed analysis.
- Ensures proactive management of client monthly accounting tasks, including cash/treasury management, accounts payable, billing, indirect rate analysis and payroll.
- Verification, allocation, and reconciliation of accounts payable, accounts receivable, project ledger and other subsidiary accounts
- Development and review of both recurring and non-recurring monthly accrual entries
- Maintain books of account on a U.S. GAAP basis
- Produce error-free accounting reports and support auditable cost accounting data by developing required documentation and proper accounting transactional support
- Assess processes and identify ways to improve efficiency in the accounting close process
- Minimum of 3-years’ experience in a similar position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- Intermediate knowledge of QuickBooks at a minimum and knowledge of other common GovCon accounting systems (Costpoint, Jamis Prime, Unanet, et al.) is a plus
- Experience in all areas of the accounting cycle is preferred, and attention to detail, strong analytical thinking skills, and the ability to quickly adapt to various systems/software tools are a must
- Knowledge of FAR Part 31 cost principles and/or experience calculating indirect rates a plus.
Internal and external training opportunities may be available for exceptionally motivated candidates that have required skill gaps.