Budgetary constraints on DoD and the changing world economic climate both increase the potential for full or partial contract terminations and for equitable price adjustments of existing government contracts. Both of these issues could give rise to unique requirements for cost accumulation to maximize cost recovery.
It is more critical than ever that government contractors know and understand their rights when the government significantly changes (reduces) the scope of an existing contract. Equally, government contractors need to know DCAA audit expectations for contractor accounting data to support termination proposals or requests for equitable adjustments.
This webinar is designed to provide an overview of claims and terminations and to discuss trends and requirements of both. This webinar based course includes discussions dealing with:
- How to distinguish between an equitable adjustment proposal and a delay claim
- Identification of the four approaches to an equitable adjustment
- Differences between entitlement and quantum
- Identifying the FAR provisions applicable to claims and terminations
- Identify the two distinct types of Terminations
- Identifying the sources for obtaining DCAA audit policies on claims and terminations