DCAA has announced that it will finally be reinvigorating the long awaited audits of years of backlogged incurred cost audits. Using dedicated resources (virtual audit teams) and multi-year auditing, DCAA promised the world that it would be addressing long overdue audits of indirect cost rate proposals or ICPs towards the ultimate goal of closing contracts (physically complete, but awaiting final indirect rates).
Although the end game, contract closure, is in everyone’s best interest, the incurred cost audits will present new challenges for any contractor subject to DCAA’s after the fact audits and we will identify and discuss the challenges, old and new.
This webinar will include topics such as:
- Identifying the FAR contract clause which requires the annual indirect cost rate proposal,
- Identifying the FAR Part 31 clauses which represent the highly subjective requirements for adequate documentation and cost reasonableness,
- Identifying case law (e.g. ASBCA) cases relevant to cost documentation and cost reasonableness,
- Identifying the cost allowability FAR Part 31 subparagraphs most frequently cited (by DCAA) as the basis for questioning incurred costs,
- Locating the DCAA audit policies, audit programs, and adequacy checklists applicable to indirect cost rate proposals